I am not a person who likes to plan. I like to look at what I have in my kitchen, do some research, see what others have done, and create something original. Unfortunately, that just isn’t practical for everyday, so I decided to give the Happy Herbivore meal plan a try this week (and managed to get my mom to do this with me!). The meal plans can be purchased here, they are $5 for a week’s worth of meal planning, and they have everything you need to get started: a shopping list, a calendar, the recipes, and lists of ingredient substitutions if there is something you don’t like. Here’s what we thought:
- VARIETY: We loved the variety of foods we ate. This was number one for me. As you can see in the pictures below, we ate the rainbow all week!
- EASY: so easy to make, no complicated/fancy skills required
- FAST: these recipes are not time-consuming. Because we washed and chopped most of our veggies right after purchasing them, the recipes never involved more than 15 minutes of prep. time!
- FILLING: they left us full and satisfied, never thinking about the next meal!
- LOW CAL: my mom and I both feel so much lighter after this week.
- One day all three meals had quinoa in it… however, in the intro. to the meal plan, she did say that you can swap meals, as all the lunches and dinners are 400 calories and the breakfasts are 300 calories. So there is freedom to swap things around, which we did!
Here are all the meals we had this past week! We did not take pictures of any our snacks, but those are part of the meal plan as well.
Now on to week two!